Streetsmart Handbook Chapters
NHWA is proud to endorse the Streetsmart Handbook.
Since 2002, the Streetsmart Handbook has been delivered to teenagers at secondary schools with the aim of educating our youth on important topics relevant to them as they transition into adult life.
Neighbourhood Watch Australasia’s (NHWA) partnership with the Streetsmart Handbooks provide information to teenagers about social, mental, and physical issues and topics whilst also engaging the NHWA goal in creating safe, connected and inclusive communities; allowing people to feel empowered, informed and engaged with one another and the local police.
The Streetsmart Handbook will not only benefit teenagers but also provide their families with guidance towards various organisations and help whenever they need assistance.
This is an exciting venture for NHWA!
The Police Citizens Youth Clubs (PCYC) are police community groups that started in 1926 and aim to provide opportunities for young people to be involved in a variety of sports and other activities.
Throughout the state there are many halls equipped with gym facilities, rings for boxing, Judo and other types of sports. The venues are traditionally set up in areas where there is limited facilities and all branches are run as non profit.
- We are a Day/Boarding/International school and we think this handbook book is invaluable for our studentsBelinda Taylor
VET & Careers Coordinator
St John's Catholic College
- I saw a copy of the handbook at the melbourne children's court and would like to provide to our client group. They are a great resource for yp with lots of useful information and resources/contacts.Para Grigorakis
Department of Justice And Regulation ( West Metro )
- I'm a registered psychologist who is interested in using the following book: The kids guide to life Smart handbooks with the families and children l see. I'm wondering if l can order multiple copies in order to provide the clients with a hard copy. I'd also like to use it in sessions when educating parents and children about different topics they may be facing.Nursen Ozger
- Our Stage 5 students found the Streetsmart handbooks very useful support material for units of work on Risky Business and health issues in PDHPE.Kerrie Eaton
Mullumbimby High School
- The Street Smart Handbooks are given out to Year 10 Students at our Career Expo held annually.T. McIntosh
Maffra Secondary College
- We are very impressed with this handbook and decided to ordered an another 20 handbooks. Excellent read.Brad Vitale
Waroona District High School