NHWA is proud to endorse the Streetsmart Handbook.
Since 2002, the Streetsmart Handbook has been delivered to teenagers at secondary schools with the aim of helping to educate our youth on important topics relevant to them as they transition into adult life.
NHWA’s partnership with the Streetsmart Handbooks will not only assist teenagers with subjects such as cyber bullying, depression, social behaviour in the community, dangers of drugs/alcohol and much more but will also engage our brand and goals in creating a safe, connected and inclusive community, where people feel empowered, informed and engaged with one another and with local police.
The Streetsmart Handbook will not only benefit teenagers but will also give their families guidance towards various places, organisations and contacts whenever they need assistance.
This is an exciting venture for NHWA!
The Police Welfare Foundation believes that this book will assist young people through the sometimes complex issues which will confront their lives.
In your dealings you may have with Police and other emergency services personnel please remember that they are people with lives and they are trying to assist you.
Police will go in harm’s way to protect people. That is why Auspol was formed to help them. Thank you for your support.
The Police Citizens Youth Clubs (PCYC) are police community groups that started in 1926 and aim to provide opportunities for young people to be involved in a variety of sports and other activities.
Throughout the state there are many halls equipped with gym facilities, rings for boxing, Judo and other types of sports. The venues are traditionally set up in areas where there is limited facilities and all branches are run as non profit.
PCYC Victoria have built a strong relationship delivering the Street Smart handbook to young people all over Victoria. The Handbook has been running for over 15 year now and we are very proud to be associated with such a fantastic product. The partnership is essential as we work together to support the youth of today.
Victoria Police and Citizens Youth Club Inc.
Streetsmart Handbook Chapters
- The Street Smart Handbooks are given out to Year 10 Students at our Career Expo held annually.T. McIntosh
Maffra Secondary College
- We are very impressed with this handbook and decided to ordered an another 20 handbooks. Excellent read.Brad Vitale
Waroona District High School
- Oh Lordy what a busy few weeks! Thank you to everyone who has recommended our services. Also a big thanks for the kind feedback about the girls and myself. We’re pleased you’re pleased! On another note, guess who’s put their hand up to sponsor such a great cause?! Well yes, if you said #bebritebluemountains you would be right! Yup we’ve teamed up with #nswstreetsmarts because young lives matter. Not only this but because I’m such a firm believer in helping others, especially children and young adults, every clean booked in for November, I will be donating $5 to #kidshelpline Why?!??? Because kids matter ❤️Bebrite Blue Mountains
- Please send us some more Streetsmart : an urban handbook for the school leaver.Mullumbimby High School
- I was very impressed with what I've seen so far on the book. This book is a fantastic idea.Busselton High School Parent
- I am a Wellbeing co-ordinator and I have taught in both primary and secondary school settings. I have read the streetsmart handbook and think it's a great resource for teenagers and parents in the community.Kristie Browning
St Catherine of Siena Melton West