2016 Streetsmart Handbook Chapters
The Police Welfare Foundation believes that this book will assist young people through the sometimes complex issues which will confront their lives.
In your dealings you may have with Police and other emergency services personnel please remember that they are people with lives and they are trying to assist you.
Police will go in harm’s way to protect people. That is why Auspol was formed to help them. Thank you for your support.
The Police Citizens Youth Clubs (PCYC) are police community groups that started in 1926 and aim to provide opportunities for young people to be involved in a variety of sports and other activities.
Throughout the state there are many halls equipped with gym facilities, rings for boxing, Judo and other types of sports. The venues are traditionally set up in areas where there is limited facilities and all branches are run as non profit.
- I was very impressed with what I've seen so far on the book. This book is a fantastic idea.Busselton High School Parent
- I am a Wellbeing co-ordinator and I have taught in both primary and secondary school settings. I have read the streetsmart handbook and think it's a great resource for teenagers and parents in the community.Kristie Browning
St Catherine of Siena Melton West
- The Street Smart Handbook is a fabulous idea and initiative. As a teacher and parent I have seen first hand the advantages of having one simple resource containing so much valuable information. Parents, generally, can be overwhelmed at how much their children need to know to be successful in life. Much of this information is not contained in the core learning of students as teachers try to get through the essential learning. An area that is continually skipped over in current education is "life skills". This product takes a very thorough approach to explaining topics in "kid speak" which are highly relevant and required as young adults bridge the gap from school to future pursuits. Overall I have never seen any product this relevant and this good that is sadly missing from many educational institutions.Paul Dyson
WA College of Agriculture - Narrogin
- Dear Countrywide Austral, I am a Primary School teacher who has been battling with limited educational resources in the classroom for many years. I have read your Streetsmart Handbooks and think they are a brilliant educational guide that Secondary Schools are privileged to receive. I have read the handbook and know that it would make my life so much easier if there was Primary School version I could use in the classroom. I have spent endless hours of scanning the internet looking for valuable information but have not found anything as useful as your book . Keep up the good work!! Sincerely, Anonymous Epping Views Primary School TeacherEpping Views Primary
- I've read the handbook thoroughly and as a allied health professional I found it a great resource for teenagers at school. Many friends and colleagues have also read the book and have been impressed with its content.Helen
All Hallows Brisbane
- Great Initiative! The "Streetsmart Handbook" is a great document that informs and instills awareness to our youngsters about the dangers out there. It is also a good read for educators. Whether it is about drug or alcohol abuse or other risky life choices. Thank you for letting us being part of the support. Our Youths are our future!Yacine Bayou
Bayou Wing Chun